Dr. Mary Choby is known as “the dentist’s choice” for a reason. She believes in putting the comfort of her patients first before anything else. And with over 20 years of experience in the field of endodontics, Dr. Choby is considered one of the experts in her craft.
“Teeth have a very complex anatomy. Developing the skills to treat and preserve diseased or damaged teeth is very challenging and rewarding – that is why I chose the specialty of endodontics. I also want every patient to feel comfortable and at ease, which is why I use lasers and other technology to provide the most gentle, advanced care.”
Dr. Mary Ann Choby is the only endodontist at Tysons Corner with over 20 years of experience. With over 10,000 successful treatment plans to her credit, her extensive advanced training and continuing education have made her an expert in her field. At Laser Endodontics at Tysons Corner, all procedures are skillfully performed with a gentle touch you will appreciate. Dr. Choby believes patient comfort comes first – it is no surprise that she is known as “the dentist’s choice” for endodontic referrals. To stay on the leading edge of endodontics, Dr. Choby is actively involved in many professional organizations, meeting regularly with colleagues and peers. By staying abreast of the latest innovations, she is able to provide the best possible care for her patients. Dr. Choby has published numerous articles in various professional journals.
- Certificate of Specialty in Endodontics – University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency – Periodontics, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- DMD – University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- MS – Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- MS – Occupational Health, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA
- BS – Biology, University of Pittsburgh, PA
- Previous Professor at Georgetown University School of Dentistry, Washington, D.C.
- Fellow in the American Society of Osseointegration
- Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Associate Fellow in the World Clinical Laser Institute
- Top Dentist – Northern Virginia Magazine 2009, 2011 and 2016
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association®
- Virginia Dental Association
- Northern Virginia Dental Association
- Southern Maryland Dental Association
- Edward C. Penick Endodontic Study Club (Past President)